We all love getting beauty tips, and sometimes they pan out and make our beauty routines so much more easier. But there are some beauty tips that honestly do nothing for us, and even though they’ve become a part of most of our beauty routines, it’s time you quit them anyway.
- Testing foundation or powder on the back of your hand. Put your hand in front of your face and look in a mirror, the chances are they won’t be the same tone. So why do we keep testing foundation and powder colours on the back of our hands? When buying foundation or powder, your best bet is to test it on your chest, so you don’t end up looking like you are wearing a mask whenever you get your makeup done.
- Milk of magnesia is perfect as a primer. No! It’s not! Using milk of magnesia is actually really harmful for your face.
- Putting toothpaste on a pimple. Some people swear by this method of acne removal, but if you take a minute to think about it, how can anything suitable for cleaning your teeth, be suitable for a part of the body as sensitive as the face.
- Using glue to remove a blackhead. For those who just went wtf at this, best believe you probably have a friend who’s doing this secretly. For some reason, somebody somewhere woke up one day and decided to share this rather useless tip with the world. Not only doesn’t it work, it’s also harmful.
- You need to wash your face every morning. Actually you really don’t have to, and even I am struggling with this one. Not washing our faces every morning goes against everything we’ve ever been taught about beauty. But studies have shown that we only need to wash our faces, once a day and preferably at night. Apparently, washing our faces in the morning strips it of the natural essential oils it has produced overnight, which our faces need.
Review: Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara is all shades of wrong
Bobbi Brown’s makeup manual is our book of the month
You may also like
Not every time face bake...